Sheet music links (Read 13600 times)
achock
Big Uke

Hanalima.com forever!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Sheet music links
Feb 8th, 2002 at 8:38am

Hey Uke aficionados,

We had the beginings of a "music resource" section going on our previous messageboard.

Just a section where people could post links to sheet music or ask others if they knew where to get a particular song.

Seems like a natural thing to have on any Ukulele site, so here are a few to start us out:

*Please post any of your favorites here

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi/disp.cgi?pid=sheets

http://localjams.virtualave.net/sheets.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Kikaidaman/songs/

http://localchords.homestead.com

__________________________________&&&&
WWW mrachock  
IP Logged

mike chock

Re: Sheet music links
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2002 at 10:49am

yo out there...now if I can do it     anybody can so heres a first from an all thumbs beginner:

try dis cool Jazzlike Progression! Sorry no got tablature or chord fingering chart but pull out yer chord reference books and check this out!

In the Key of G

try dis:  start wid Gmaj.  4 beats  then Emin7 4 beats then Amin7 4 beats and end up with D7...ok  thats my one measure wonder good for at least 10 seconds...but if you play sequence in other positions...the measure stretched to 30 seconds...throw in some arpeggios and add another 30....this could keep you mildly entertained.

ok  nother measure...next sequence:

start with Bmin7   go to  E7   then Amin7 and back home to a D7...we is winging   hola   another 10 seconds.

Figured can learn  at least 6 chords in these 2 measures and if we memorize different chord positions..3 per chord as at least 18 new sounds we can string together....yup    not a musician....but  am  easily amused...check it out and let me know how its working out...figured this way..after pau a new uke at least when I'm tuning  I know a bit more than my dog has fleas.....laters ukeman

IP Logged

mike chock

: Sheet music links
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2002 at 11:15am

been fooling around with another progression...

goes like this in the Key of F

f  for 4 beats     dm  for 4 mo  Bb6 for 4 mo  then C7

sounding a bit familiar?

its a I  ... VI ....IV ....V  progression  and all yer oldies but goodies kinda use this progression or variations of it.

can use any key   jes keep the progression going in order then change em around but the chords are all nice

laters   ukeman

IP Logged

grasshopper

Mililani, Hawaii
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2002 at 8:20pm

Hey y'all,

Just thought I'd let y'all know that a new Ukulele Masters book by Herb Ohta (Ohta-san) is out.  Its  by the same guy that put the Lyle Ritz book out last year (Jumpin' Jim Beloff).  So similar to that book, it comes with the chord book and a CD of most of the songs in the book.  Got mine at Costco in Waipio for $15.99.  Regular price on book is $24.95 so guess I saved a skosh.  Grin  Anyways, will be trying it out.  Just thought I'd let you know.

Keep yer strings tight and fingers loose,

Later,
GH

IP Logged

mike chock

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2002 at 10:31am

Back from the big island.....wow really choke busy at the airport and going be even more radical this week since the Merry Monarch is going get started...Shit  i had to take my shoes off at the security check and put them thru the X-ray machine.....wots that about.....next time slippahs....hey went to Costco 's Hawaii Kai and got me Otah Sans Book and at the same price that Grasshopper gots his for....consistant them Costco folks. Its a real nice and cheap book/C.D. unit..Like a 16.00 dollar lesson from Ohta san...that lasts for hours,,,,,days.....weeks   what evers. Working on a song this week and its cool to have the C.D. so can listen to how should sound....but book is really well done..Now alls I need is someone to come out with the same kind book/ ...C.D.    ....but gentlemen  hows about some Elton John...Cat Stevens...Jon Sebastion...some James Taylor...Roberta Flack...like dat....what  missed our generation or what...Think later  bruddah Jake will have Cream , Hendrix and Clapton down....but hows about some mellow stuff........laters  ukeman

IP Logged

mike chock

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2002 at 12:29pm

wow....a special report:      that Ohta San songbook is really righteous....started learning Georgia on My Mind...Aint no Ray Charles  ..but the chording and Melody is really pretty and ain't that hard in the key of F...Too bad he never record this song on his accompanying C.D.  Anyhow its a real nice one along with  the oldie...When I Fall In Love...  Ok new Goal is to learn these two songs and memorize em...hey Grasshopper...you got the book too...what say a duet...I mean ya got stage experience and den.......laters   ukeman

IP Logged

grasshopper

Mililani, Hawaii
Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2002 at 7:48pm

Yup, Got it!!!  Move over Jake!!!  hehehe.  Wink  Yeah right, I had the back of the stage experience.  8)  But will try those out, if'n I can figure out how's them songs go.  Think I kinda heard Georgia before but the other one? I aint that old!!!  Grin  Will see if I can remember how to read them notes in those lines.  Been a while for that too.  But thinks me 9 year old daughter can play um on the piano for me.  Tell you what, I got the rhythm and you can take lead.  Keep a pluckin.

Later,
gh

IP Logged

mike chock

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2002 at 11:04am

yo hoppah san......the old note reading aid.....spaces between the lines    F    A    C   E   

the lines themselves starting from the bottom:

E   very
G   ood
B    oy
D    oes
F     ine

Yeah   the reading part is one thing and finding the notes on the uke is another...but if ya look for the nearest note  in the chord area     ...most likely ass the one you going play......shit  am i that old ....Georgia On My Mind is a Classic  soulful tune.....and If I Fall In Love...wow youre right maybe Judy Garland or some ancient musical had this song in it....but must admit...I  do remember the melody.......of course the 2 songs i wen choose no stay on Ohta Sans sample C.D......oh by the way  drop by the shop I have  some pure Lambs wool that I picked up in the Big Island...try em  for da french polishing fad.....laters  ukeman

IP Logged

grasshopper

Mililani, Hawaii
Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2002 at 5:03pm

Yo Ukeman,

Just wanted to say again much mahalos for the wool.  Will definitely give it a whirl on the next go round.  Also, keep on practicing those songs and I'll get your backup.

Thanks again,
gh

IP Logged

Ukesup

Mililani, Hawaii
[url][/url]Re: Sheet music links
Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2002 at 6:34pm

Hey guys and gals,
Check out this website which has an interactive chord finder.  http://www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/chordfinder.html

IP Logged

Ukeman

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2002 at 11:37am

Hey people...jes bought a music book on basic chord theory and note and chord formation....THis ones a winnah  cus its easy to read and makes alot of sense...in one reading you can understand every major scale in every key  sharps and flats included  with a minimum of memorization...yup    cant avoid the memorizing part....left it at home so i cant remember the title....but will post it next week

IP Logged

Ukeman

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2002 at 1:40pm

Heres an amazing chord finder for your ukes...submitted by Curtis Tano on one of his many forays into website browsing:

check out:   http//www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/chordfinder.html

what a genius!  Just point and press and viola  any chord you like just appears on the fingerboard.

laters   ukeman

IP Logged

Ukesup

Mililani, Hawaii
Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2002 at 6:17pm

Hey uke players,
I found this site that has a awesome chord generator

http://www.geocities.com/xulfrepus/folder/ukulele.html

Go to the home page for guitars and other instruments.

Happy strumming  Grin

IP Logged

achock
Big Uke

Hanalima.com forever!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2002 at 8:36am

Oh Damn,  Shocked that is cool!  This guy knows his math/programming/music theory.  Very clean and easy to use.

-asa

__________________________________&&&&
WWW mrachock  
IP Logged

Ukesup

Mililani, Hawaii
Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2002 at 9:02pm

Found an interesting website today and I thought I might share it with some of you... Smiley
http://4rmj.com/rick/beatlesite/

Ukulele music to the Beatles songs.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us