HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just wanted to say Aloha (Read 2260 times)
bighawaiian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just wanted to say Aloha
Apr 17th, 2003 at 1:57pm

Aloha my name is Leimana I just wanted to say you guys got a very nice site here "Awesome" as for me I also was taught ukulele making by Uncle Abe Mahelona at Ksbe adult classes and at his house in Nanakuli. What an awesome man with plenty of tips and tricks I guess like you Mike Smiley alot of it was the old school style of building I guess same like Kamaka & Sonny D no heating pads bending with one clothes iron on a half mold (eh but the bugga work!!) yeah so thats about it haven't build in while gotta get back into it.Oh yeah I get one question can the sound hole on the side work with regular fan bracing or only with the kasha design?
should work yeah.

Mahalo Nui
Leimana

IP Logged

Ukeman

Re: Just wanted to say Aloha
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2003 at 11:04am

aloha Leimana...eh   big guy! Glad to heah you wen get da chance fo take from uncle abe...his presence is sorely missed...no get bettah people then uncle abe.

yup...now bending with modern heat blankets but the standby steam iron is still a winnah too! many ways to skin the cat. Side ports are interesting and will work right fine with standard center sound holes too! Can reduce size of center soundhole a tad and drill out the side port...chance em and you will be surprised with the results...ok den   catch ya later.....ukeman

IP Logged

bighawaiian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Just wanted to say Aloha
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2003 at 3:18pm

eh bruddah UKEMAN mahalos for the info about the sound holes I goin try em tell you how the bugga work out.

Alohas
Leimana Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us