Send Topic Print
Binding Glueup Form (Read 1339 times)
achock
Big Uke

Hanalima.com forever!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Binding Glueup Form
Dec 23rd, 2003 at 11:39am

Special thanks to Eric Devine of Devine Ukuleles and Guitars for sharing his Binding Jig!

Quote:
"This is a binding jig I use to glue up the binding and perfling, one side at a time. Using 1/2" rubber bands to pull the binding into place. It takes about 20 rubber bands to do one side. My two least favorite things about building were binding and finishing, now I need to figure out a good way to finish. Talk to you soon, Aloha!"

-Eric

Eric, please be sure to let us know when you figure out a better way to finish!  Smiley

__________________________________&&&&
WWW mrachock  
IP Logged

Toni Maloon

Re: Binding Glueup Form
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 10:11pm

Cheesy  Very cool jig, Eric!  Thanks.  Just finished making all the jigs I thought I had to make and was sad cause I actually was having a fun time making them!  Pretty much thought I had all my jigs made. Now I have another to make!  Yeah!  Having as much fun making the jigs as the ukes.  I must be sick!  Mahalo, Toni

IP Logged

achock
Big Uke

Hanalima.com forever!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: Binding Glueup Form
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2004 at 7:38am

Right on Toni, we love the jigs, forms, and templates.  Anything that can make our lives easier and our work better is welcome.   You only have to make one good form and then you can use it over and over.

It also sounds like you're enjoying the ride  8) which is the way to go.  No rush um, go slow and have fun...the mistakes always seem to happen when you're in a hurry. 

__________________________________&&&&
WWW mrachock  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us