HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
INSERTING AN IMAGE OR MULTIPLE IMAGES (Read 4130 times)
RCHawaii
Big Uke

Malama Pono Ukelele !!

Ewa
INSERTING AN IMAGE OR MULTIPLE IMAGES
May 18th, 2004 at 9:49pm

INSERTING AN IMAGE OR MULTIPLE IMAGES

The way the [IMG] thing workshere is a bit odd, as It doesn't accept the url you have to paste it manually each time.

So to make this easier for multiple pics, I Copy the picture's url (It's physical location must be on the internet, not on your home pc) and click on img as many pics I have. I then highlight the text the board puts BETWEEN the brackets "URL", right click and choose paste. I do this  every time and just change the name of the graphic file at the end of the url.

So in steps:
1. Click on IMG (The little photo icon above the edit post box-you have to be in edit mode of course) -this will insert this: Code:
[img]URL[/img] 

2. Highlight your graphics url like so:

and right click your mouse and choose COPY.
then highlight URL as in the above code leaving the Code:
[img][/img] 

backets intact.
Click your mouse between the two inboard brackets.
Right click your mouse and choose paste and it will insert the contents of your clipboard (Your pictures url)-which will then look like this:
Code:
[img]htt-p://pathtofile.com/file.jpg[/img] 

Click on PREVIEW POST to make sure it worked.

If it didn't work, one of several things, the PIC url is wrong, or the pic was no good itself. In the first case, you have to correct the location, in the latter case, you need to resave the pic in a format that can be seen when you use the url.

HINT: You can make changes in preview mode and click on REFRESH PREVIEW to see the changes you made prior to clicking on POST.

NOTE: The extra characters in the urls above are just so they don't show up as actual links.

Thanks Hana Lima 'Ia and Asa!
WWW RadioControlUSA  
IP Logged

Treetop

oo-koo-ley-ley

Decatur, GA
Re: INSERTING AN IMAGE OR MULTIPLE IMAGES
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 2:27pm

Thanks for posting this RC, guess I will have to get my son to help me.  Smiley

Is there a preferred host for pictures, I know my wife uses one for her pics, she is out of town.  I can ask her when she gets back and give this a try.

Maybe I will use this as a test thread for a post, to try to link to the photos.

tt

IP Logged

Wood_Butcher
Junior Uke

Without music, the world
would Bb.

Lake Stevens, WA
Re: INSERTING AN IMAGE OR MULTIPLE IMAGES
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 5:40pm

Hey RC,

Thanks for the explanation.  If anyone is using Photobucket, like myself, you'll need to delete the extra bracketed image codes that comes with the text when you copy the image code in Photobucket.  Theirs is capitalized.  That really messed me up.  Hope this helps somebody.  This is just a test photo.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks, Mike and Asa!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us