HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tuners on a soprano Favilla (Read 843 times)
William_Thompson

Ephesians 2:8,9

Salem, Oregon
tuners on a soprano Favilla
Nov 21st, 2004 at 7:06pm

??? I have a Favilla soprano. The sound is great, but the tuners leave a lot to be desired.
1. Is it unwise  to change tuners on a "classic"?
2. If it is not next to the unpardonable sin, what  would anyone recommend?  Asa says the SG 318s are quite heavy for a soprano.  I rubberbanded them in location, and they do make the uke set firmly in the web of the thumb.

Be careful &&what you think - you may say it.&&what you say - you may do.&&what you do - may become a habit.&&Habits will become your legacy.

IP Logged

Ukeman

Re: tuners on a soprano Favilla
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 12:22pm

aloha william,
gosh my input on your tuner situation is this:
If you like to play your uke and the existing tuners drive you crazy...change em to the machined mini's

if you are a collector of Favilla ukes and want to preserve the original design and components...no change the tuners since machine tuners will require drilling of different size holes

while i make my one off ukes custom and am anal to design and construction, my ukes would like to be played, and whatever makes a player want to play my uke more...is cool with me....laters  ukeman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us