HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
left handed modified kasha (Read 1200 times)
Lori EspaƱol

left handed modified kasha
Jan 21st, 2006 at 8:14am

Hi all-
I'm building a left handed 'uku...modified kasha ala Mike.  Does the bracing on the sound board all need to be reversed?  Or do I just build a righty, flip it over and change the spacing on the edges of the fretboard.

Thanks,
Lori

IP Logged

zac_in_ak

I Love Ukuleles!

Re: left handed modified kasha
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2006 at 5:08pm

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean when you say flip it over but since the kasha design is optimized for the low and high tones  I would think it has to be reversed so that the bass tone bars end up under where the bass strings will be and same with the high strings basicly mirror image (ie if  bass on the left for yours it would be on the right) I think? ???

Just my $.02 worth

IP Logged

Ukeman

Re: left handed modified kasha
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 1:59pm

Aloha Lori...

Took me a bit ergo the passage of so many months..till I realized what left handed players gotta do. I guess reversing the strings is the usual way to go and wow kinda trippy to play!

I would do as you mentioned flip the plan and change the spacings of the bass and baby string and that would be that...everything else will fall into place and the bracings via Kasha style assymetry will not be affected! I other words the template for your soundboard is used on the interior of a lefty board placing the template so that the pukas show, not the  actual drawings. Then all will be ok with the universe!

Laters Ukeman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us