HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know where we can make a Ukulele? (Read 2558 times)
happyukulele

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Anyone know where we can make a Ukulele?
Feb 16th, 2006 at 7:42pm

Aloha!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area . . .
My husband does not know anything about computers so I'm helping him find some information Smiley

He works for a well known ukulele company and is very good but he is trying to look for a woodshop where he can make his own ukes on the side. For fun or to experiment his own ideas  Wink

We can't afford the tools and live in a apartment so he was wondering if theres some kind of shop/rental shop here on the island where he can go to do this.

We would appreciate any ideas or advice! THANK YOU!

IP Logged

Ukeman

Re: Anyone know where we can make a Ukulele?
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 12:32pm

aloha..no tools!

Hey..best bit of advise is to Join the 'Ukulele Guild of Hawaii..send in 45.00 to 'Ukulele Guild of Hawaii at PO BOX 894426, Mililani, Hawaii 96789.....we are over 300 strong and are connected via a monthly newsletter and various member body get togethers...the Guild is comprised of players and builders and addicted 'ukulele supporters worldwide....come join! Dues are annual and our year end convention seminars awesome!!

OK next question....where are you located?

A last but effective resort for those who have a bigtime uke jones...handtools and the kitchen table...not mass but quality...laters  ukeman

IP Logged

happyukulele

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 1:09am

Thank you for the info, will join!

We live in Aiea Smiley

IP Logged

Ukeman

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:31pm

Hey there Happy Ukulele...just in nearby Aiea huh! Lots of builders in your neck of the woods. Again via the Guild every once in awhile there is need of apprentices or workers for various uke building companies that request uke workers....not often but it happens! Unfortunately there are no open shops that will make tools and machinery available to the public..insurances and Liabilty cosyts makes short work of that concept! Shafter has an awesome work area and open to the public as well, you will need to attend a safety program first but try giving them a call. The military makes a lot of things available to the public, just not very well advertised...ok then good luck.  laters  ukeman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us