HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advanced techniques? (Read 1567 times)
zac_in_ak

I Love Ukuleles!

Advanced techniques?
Jul 26th, 2007 at 8:27pm

Since its so quite I thought Id light a fire under the guys who build using non conventional techniques. Anybody doing double sides? double tops? fan frets? cantilevered fretboards....come on what about kasha stuff..I know that some of you are big kasha fans lets hear more about it some differences..some theories..stiff sides floppy sides stiff back floppy back......x bracing ukes? throw out some random stuff lets get this place hopping! Grin

IP Logged

Likeke
Junior Uke

Do it with Aloha!

Issaquah, WA
Re: Advanced techniques?
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2007 at 5:26am

Zak, I haven't strayed very far from the path, but I have used my own bridge design with bridge pins.  I also will be installing MISI "battery-less" preamp with Baggs pickup under the saddle of my next uke.  I designed a bridge for that.  You can see it at my site likekestrings.com under journal.

IP Logged

Leroy

Mountain View, CA, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 5:03pm

Hi,

I just joined the forum and ran across this thread. I've completed three ukes so far. All are my designs and are testbeds for some non-traditional building methods. I decided to go this route to answer some questions I have and to get my building chops up.

I have some beautiful Mango and Koa that will become tradition style ukes, but right now I want to push the envelope.

I put photo essays of each on my website.

http://www.leroybeal.net/oddsandends/allthingsuke.html

Grin

Leroy

Leroy Beal
IP Logged

unkabob
Big Uke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 7:00pm

Leroy:
Like any winey, nonproducer I will try to protect my ego by asking, "How do they sound". (they look beautiful)
That pineapple tenor is still in the fantasy-factory for me.

How do they sound?

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us