Send Topic Print
Rope Binding (Read 1278 times)
Quine

Any Uke Builders in St
Louis??

St Louis, MO
Rope Binding
Oct 11th, 2007 at 7:32pm

I was looking at some of the photos in the gallery and saw some great looking rope binding on a pinapple uke.  Its such a cool way to dress up a uke without over decorating.
Does anyone know a source for this binding?  Or, how do I cut it so you get the rope effect on the top and side? 

thanks
Kevin

IP Logged

Hana Lima Ia
YaBB Administrator

Build an Uke!

Honolulu, HI
Re: Rope Binding
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 8:31am

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 4:06am by Hana Lima Ia »  

Hana Lima 'Ia
IP Logged

Quine

Any Uke Builders in St
Louis??

St Louis, MO
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 7:00pm

Thanks Asa!!

IP Logged

Ukeman

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 4:13pm

aloha Kevin..6th annual 'ukulele guild of hawaii exhibition and conference is set for this weekend at the Waikiki Marriot beach Hotel..exhibition will include over 40 Guild made custom ukes..how cool is that? Ergo as always very late in getting my ukes together so just last week had to make rope binding cuz I ran out! The process went smooth and swiftly...was able to make a passle and bound a concert, tenor and a baritone..indeed a hassle since i have to pre bend each shape differently..however the bindings with the newly made rope went on smoothly...come down to the Exhibition and check em out!   laters  ukeman
Sat and Sunday Nov. 17th and 18th 9am   FREE!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us