Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need help (Read 2786 times)
Acabooe
Big Uke

Nanakuil Hawai'i
I need help
Dec 30th, 2007 at 5:30am

I have been teaching myself ukulele for over a year and a half. So far I have taken better to picking rather than strumming.
Last year I got the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole songbook collection, and I have been attempting to learn from that ( but that book is way more complicated than I have the skill to understand   Cry).
I decided to try White Sandy Beach, because it is only a picking song. My trouble is this...
The song is tabbed for guitar.
At the top of the page, there is a little asterisk for ukulele players, and it says that the "music sounds 4th higher than written ( key of F )"
What does  that mean?
If the ukulele version is supposed to be in key of "f", and the first chord written is a "c" chord, then what do I have to do to be able to play this song.
Does anyone have this songbook?
Can anyone out there help me to learn some braddah Iz picking?
Thanks for any help that anyone may be able to provide.

On a side note, if there is any one that knows how to play Jake Shimabukuro's "Touch" or "Dragon" the way he does, I would really appreciate it if you could help me learn those as well. Grin

Thanks Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us