Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Fzone tuner (Read 3968 times)
Uncle_Bill

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Santa Cruz, CA
New Fzone tuner
Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:26pm

I just read about your new tuner, the Fzone FT-800. Would this tuner be suitable to use for tap tuning?
                                               Uncle Bill

IP Logged

achock
Big Uke

Hanalima.com forever!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: New Fzone tuner
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:56pm

This type of tuner actually clips onto the headstock of your instrument and works through vibration.  Using it to tap tune the final thickness on a boxed uke would work fine.

If you are thinking about tap tuning a plain set of wood, that might be awkward with this device.

__________________________________&&&&
WWW mrachock  
IP Logged

Don_Orgeman
Big Uke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:24pm

Uncle Bill:

I have an Intelli chromatic tuner, which is essentially the same as the F-Zone tuner.  I tried it for tap tuning with limited success.  I got better results with a chromatic tuner with a built in microphone which seems to pick up the tap tones better than the internal vibration tuners like the F-Zone.

The F-Zone or Intelli tuners are great for tuning a stringed ukulele, particularly in a group setting because it does not tune in on other peoples notes or background noise instead of your note.

Don

IP Logged

unkabob
Big Uke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 10:36am

Uncle Bill:
I have a Korg chromatic tuner with an add-on clip-on. It works fine on a boxed uke.
I am trying to record the tap values through each step after boxing my pineapple. If they look useful I will post the results.

The real advantage of the clip-on comes when you are trying to tune-up in a noisy setting (like in a restaurant or bar).

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us