HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Great Tone Wood Supplier (Read 4057 times)
konacat
Big Uke

The only thing worse than
my playing is my singing

Great Tone Wood Supplier
Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:03pm

I wanted to let the members here know about a great place to buy instrument wood. It would be RC Tonewoods located in New York. The shop is a family operation that is headed by Bob Cefalu and 3 other family members. They are a sponser on the Officail Luthiers Forum (OLF) and the members continue to rave about would they have purchased. I have been very satisfied with my past purchases and just made a couple of larger purchases. The reason I'm mentioning RC Tonewoods again is that they have now started posting products for ukuleles again. They have much more wood then you see so please email or call if you don't see what you want. They are very frendly and reliable. I would never recommend anyone or any place on the forum unless I had complete confidence.

http://www.rctonewoods.com/

Aloha,

Philip   
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2010 at 6:15pm by konacat »  

IP Logged

konacat
Big Uke

The only thing worse than
my playing is my singing

Re: Great Tone Wood Supplier
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2010 at 6:55pm

Bob has listed some more ukulele sets you might want to take a look at. Bob has Cuban Mahogany ukulele sets. Too bad I have spent so much money lately. There are curly maple sets for only $20.00 and Port Orford Cedar tops for $15.00.

Philip

IP Logged

unkabob
Big Uke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Great Tone Wood Supplier
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2010 at 8:15am

Philip:
The quality of my workmanship keeps me working on "seconds" or "lumber-yard" tonewoods.
RC tonewoods don't export unfortunately and the new CITES regulations can be a real pain.

Bob Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us