HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ukulele sizes? (Read 8125 times)
tohavfun2

Ukulele Fan

Ukulele sizes?
Jul 8th, 2011 at 4:15pm

I just received my set of plans for a few ukes from Hana Lima 'Ia. they look great. I set out and made master temples and while doing so I compared them to two instruments I have on hand. the blue prints for both the soprano and tenor are much larger than the two Ukuleles I have here?  I just figured that each model was primarily the same as others out there. I'd have to assume too that if the box size is larger or smaller that the tone would also be much different.  I very close to making my molds and feel I need  to research this some more. a little help would be great, thanks
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2011 at 2:16pm by tohavfun2 »  

IP Logged

unkabob
Big Uke

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Ukulele sizes?
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 6:20pm

Try www.ukuleles.com ;   It contains more information than you want with a lot of ukulele construction and engineering.
It will leave your head spinning.

Bob Cheesy

IP Logged

Hana Lima Ia
YaBB Administrator

Build an Uke!

Honolulu, HI
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 9:51am

You can make any sized instrument you want out of any scale length.  The most common scale lengths for Ukes are Tenor: 17" scale,  Concert 15" scale, and Soprano 13.5" scale. 

Hana Lima 'Ia
IP Logged

tohavfun2

Ukulele Fan

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 2:17pm

thank you both

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Home | About Us | About Classes | Shop Store | Shop Tour | Session Tour | Luthiers Diary | Gallery
Class Schedule | Register | Alumni | Message Board | Tool Tips | Building Tips | Contact Us